What To Do
What You Can Do?
We all know something needs to be done to stop the destruction of this world that we all share – the problem is overwhelming and so often no specific solutions are offered. Well, GAI would like to start by taking specific steps – steps that you can assist with:
What will your donation do?
In the Amazon…
- Feed and protect 300 animals every year! Protect at least two species per year from extinction!
- Provide lodging for volunteer scientists who will train local villagers and, once home, become ambassadors for sustainability in the Amazon.
- 50 families per year will learn the value of their wildlife and environment as a sustainable industry base.
- Support a computer laboratory that serves the region around GAI and provides facilities for visiting project developers and volunteer workers.
- Support cooperative medicinal plant industries and the Center for Natural Medicine.
- Bring community self-help projects into homes and classrooms around the world online.
- Train and employ 25 villagers per year.
- 100 local people per year(adults and children) will learn English!
- 100 local people per year(adults and children) will become computer literate!
Adopt-A-Tree in the Amazon
The trees that form the canopy of the GAI Selva reserve have been protected for over twenty years. Today they are threatened by invaders from the city and neighboring deforested areas. Our reforestation and sustainable development projects will eventually eliminate this threat. Unitl then, we must commit our limited resources to guarding our plants and animals.
You or your organization can help us retain our assets for projects by adopting a tree and the ecosystem it supports.